This course is designed to create knowledge. Understanding for internal auditors about the background. Occupational Health and Safety Management System Requirements Including structure Assessment And techniques for conducting internal audit activities in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Management System According to the requirements of ISO 45001: 2018, preparation Auditing, reporting, results and corrective actions And tracking the result of the correction Through lectures and group activities, including various case studies from speakers.
The eight learning objectives describe in outline what delegates shall be able to do by the end of the course. Delegates will need to demonstrate acceptable performance in all those areas in order to complete the course successfully, the eight learning objectives are as follows
- Understand the scope and fields of application of the OH&S management systems and standards and where applicable, other criteria and standards against which an audit could be performed.
- Understand the techniques available, process and principles of risk assessment and their significance in the process of self-regulation for all OH&S requirements.
- Identify the requirements of the OH&S management system standards against which an audit is to be performed.
- Explain the differences between the OH&S management system standards and the international standards for Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of Auditors and Lead Auditors in the context of OH&S management systems audits.
Who Should Attend?
- Management Representatives, OHSMS/Safety Consultants.
- ISO / TQM consultants, Health and Safety consultants
- Fire & Safety officers.
- Personnel from Institutions / Companies aiming for and working towards Safety Certification
- Students / Job Seekers in Safety field / Career development.
- All sessions are delegate interactive and delegate participation is encouraged. Delivery will include presentations by lecture, overhead and slide projection.
- There are numerous exercises and each activity is assessed as part of the overall candidature evaluation.
- A model factory will be used and wherever possible practical illustrations will be given. All course presenters will have experience of H&S design and implementation, and have some experience of H&S certification and assessment.
EXPECTED PRIOR KNOWLADGE
Students are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
(a) Knowledge of the following quality management principles and concepts:
The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The purpose and benefits of an occupational health and safety management system.
- A basic knowledge of occupational health and safety through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal and other requirements
- A basic awareness of common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislations and requirements.
- Commonly used OH&S terms and definitions as given in OHSMS ISO 45001:2018
(b) Knowledge of the requirements of OHSMS ISO 45001:2018 which may be gained by completing CQI & IRCA certified OH&S management foundation training course or equivalent.
COURSE PERIOR & EXAM
5 Consecutive days start time 09:00 to 18:00
There is a 2 hours close book exam on the final day (pass mark 73%)